Telnet is one of the most popular remote login protocols on the world wide web. With Telnet, you can use any other system remotely. But, many users are facing ‘Telnet is not recognized’ while they try to use the Telnet command. If you want to fix this issue on your Windows PC or Mac, then follow the instructions mentioned below.
Here’s How to Fix Telnet Is Not Recognized
• Turn On the Telnet Executable in Windows PC
1. Keep pressing on the Windows and R keys together.
2. It will launch the Run prompt box.
3. Enter “appwiz.cpl in the given box.
4. Press on the Enter option.
5. Press on the Turn Windows features on or off option.
6. It is located on the left-hand side of the box.
7. Search for the “Telnet Client” in the menu list.
8. Click on the Install option.
9. Press on the OK button.
10. You need to check if you are still getting the Telnet is not recognized error.
11. In case you are still facing this issue, then try any other method.
• Install Telnet Using Command Prompt in Windows PC
1. Long press on the Windows and S keys together.
2. It will launch the search bar.
3. Enter “cmd” in the search bar.
4. You need to right-click on the Command Prompt option.
5. Select the Run as administrator option.
6. Click on the Shift+ Control+ Enter keys together.
7. Now the Command Prompt gets highlighted.
8. Enter the below-mentioned command:
dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient
9. It will take a few minutes to enable this feature.
• Install Tenet for Your Mac
1. Install Homebrew on your Mac
2. Keep pressing on the Command and Space keys together.
3. It will launch the spotlight.
4. After that, enter “Terminal” in the given box.
5. Press on the Enter option.
6. Enter the below-mentioned command:
/usr/bin/ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)”
7. You will see the option of Return key and also the password for verification.
• Install Telnet Using Homebrew
1. Long press on the Command and Space keys together.
2. It will launch the spotlight.
3. After that, enter Terminal in the search bar.
4. Click on the Enter option.
5. Enter the below-mentioned command for installing the Telnet on your Mac:
brew install telnet
6. Install Telnet on your Mac.
7. Now, check whether you have solved this issue or not.
Ellen Cooper is a technology enthusiast who loves writing about new advancements and IT threats on a regular basis. Her work focuses on the latest advancements in the realm of technology, social media, and cyber security at norton.com/setup.